I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Woman indivisible

He cuts her up into cubes of shadows and light.
He pastes using many invented conjunctions
her eyes and their adjectives in the middle of my poetry,
and in his canvas pronouns of her various feminine forms.

At all angles and under varying shades of brightness,
there she is, for all to see, as prevalent as
parts of speech of language.
She sits in many of her fragmented poses,
Revealing only who she could have been,
While effortlessly concealing who she is, right
in the middle of our painted sentences and framed canvas.

Despite the earnest efforts both with paints and words,
she, something of her, always escapes our finite knowing
And stands outside of our vanquished labor,
incomprehensible and indivisible as infinity.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed