I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Friday, April 4, 2008

You (Another Version)

Being revealed in all things,
How have you become invisible!

I would like to know you.
I like to know you as you really are
And I like to know you
As reflected in all things.
By what thread of equation
Can I weave the invisible
Out of your many mirror-images?

Knowing all things
Should I be?
I,
Made ignorant by too much knowledge,
Should like to know you instead
Without knowing things of the world I live in.
Through knowing you I shall know all things,
As all things are made known through you.

To be with you is to be truly omnipresent,
Being present everywhere.
But it is you I want to arrive at
Without having been anywhere else.

And,
All things though unfinished
In the world circumscribed by my blinded eyes
Are complete in you
Already
As complete as a newly hatched stone.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed