I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Liberals or Conservatives?

I believe that a society, at any point in time, is a product of dynamic give and take relation that exists between the liberalizing and conserving forces. To espouse liberal ideas is not necessarily unchristian. Jesus Himself taught some liberal ideas without undermining His identity and mission. “It is not against the law to do good deeds on Sabbath” being one among many. In my humble opinion, a society that chooses love over its laws will be an ideal Christian society. Where there is love there is no distinction between liberals and conservatives. Also, without the liberalizing forces, a society would turn into fossil. Similarly, without the conservatives, the society will inevitably slip into chaos. We need them both in our society and Church. I believe,for us Catholics, each idea and issue, regardless of theirlabels, has to be examined not only logically for maximal common good but also with our Catholic conscience.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed