I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Monday, March 24, 2008

Perhaps So

I like the sound of your warm summer voice
Tender and organic
Also I like the golden threads of hair
Falling
On your face of gentle marble
Your eyes of oceanic melancholy
Filled with fire and new day

A heart of flesh and blood implanted in a statue
A heart of flesh beating fast in the vortex of dark nights
A heart of flesh wondering
If love has a fragrance, flavor or a color
If love were a happy melancholia
If love were an untamable beast
And if it spoke in tongues
Perhaps, love is a note of exclamation
In the systolic and diastolic heartbeats
Or just a dream full of questions
Perhaps so
Perhaps it is so
But when it arrives
Even a soul saturated with dirt and soil turns into
A newborn butterfly spreading its wings of transient immortality

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed