I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Beyond Belief

If I believed it to be thus, would the sun rise
In the west tomorrow?
Or if I believed it to be so, would the lilies bloom
On the dark side of the moon?

Truth,
Here stands truth,
Unconquered and unsubjugated,
Beyond belief and disbelief of man.
And in our knowing and unknowing
We are bound to it irreversibly.

1 comment:

Catherine Nolan said...

I really like it. Sorry to keep quoting Wilbur, but this reminds me of one of his poems, On Having Misidentified A Wild Flower:

A thrush, because I'd been wrong,
Burst rightly into song
In a world not vague, not lonely,
Not governed by me only.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed