I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1, 2)

Face of Man

Face of Man
Jacqueline du Pre

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wherever You are

I live as one lives in a cave unmarked by lines of latitude and longitude:
A cave inside a cave which is my mind.
I live as one lives as naked as a vowel without knowing east from west.
I invent words to name the day I have not lived and let
The twilight erase them with a gesture.
I live in the cave of my mind with nothing but syntax of deep silence.
All day long, I listen to the silence, trespassing in the rooftop of my thoughts.
Confusion is clarity in the dark. I have no name to hide behind.
And, I am transparent without definition.
If I do not speak, it is because I know you can hear my silence.
I have no language to tell you that I love you.
And you do not have the need to hear me say that,
For, you know the weight of a butterfly suspended in its flight.
I do not want to pay the unacceptable price for happiness at all cost.
All I want to do is to collect the dust that rise in your wake,
And, fill them in an hour-glass to mark my time with you,
Walking in your footsteps.
Wherever you are, O Lord, you are everywhere.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed